2017 Practices (38):
* Dates: Mondays and Thursdays, April 24th to September 7th (6:40pm to 8:15pm). ** NOTE: Holiday Monday May 22 practice moved to Tuesday May 23 at same time.
* Equipment: Paddles and life jackets available for use at the practice site for no cost.
* Objective: Bring our team work, focus, and effort to another level, and have FUN being competitive!
2017 Regattas (4):
* CANCELLED: Toronto International Dragon Boat Race Festival: weekend of June 17-18th, at Toronto Islands. >>> CANCELLED DUE TO FLOODING ON TORONTO ISLAND!
* OPS (DDRA) Canada Day Regatta: July 1st on Island - Canada's 150th birthday and 15th anniversary of dragon boats at this event!
* Woodstock Rotary Club Dragon Boat Festival: Saturday August 12th at Lake Pittock Conservation Area in Woodstock.
* GWN Dragon Boat Challenge: September 9-10th at Marilyn Bell Park in Toronto.
* NEW: Christie Lake Races: September 23 at Christie Lake Conservation Area north of Hamilton. >>> REPLACEMENT FOR CANCELLED TORONTO INTERNATIONAL ABOVE.
2017 Cost: $536 (or $260 for someone joining after Canada Day)
Online banking Interac e-mail transfer is recommended (payments@RustyDragons.ca) or cheque (Rusty Dragons Adventures). We greatly appreciate full payment as soon as possible as we have up-front costs such as regatta fees (especially for early bird savings), but can accept 50% upon registration and the remainder by April 1st. Cheques can be mailed to team treasurer Janice Lambrakos (contact her for details or other options). We can also accept PayPal / Credit Card but don't recommend this due the corresponding $15 service charge we would have to add.
2017 Race Jerseys: $45
We designed new high quality dye-sublimated race jerseys in 2016. The design team consisted of lead designer Serena Webber (designer of the Rusty Dragons banner), and Walton Sports designer Briana Thayne. The design was generally spec'd out by co-captains Janelle and Anitha. If you have one, you don't need a new one as we will use the same design in 2017!