Latest News (March 6, 2017): We are now preparing for the best regatta ever at the 15th annual regatta on Canada's 150th birthday! If your team is interested in racing here or finding out more info, please contact Tim MacFarlane. This event is especially open and welcoming to public service teams who have been attending and managing the event since 2003. See the list of past and present teams at the bottom of this page.
Team registration for the event is now open. Contact Tim@RustyDragons.ca for details. The team fees are as follows:
> $850 per team for Community Division (three 500m races).
> $295 per team for Women's Sprint Race (one 250m sprint race).
> FREE for Spirit Challenge Race (one 250m race).
NEW in 2017 (more still in works):
- The addition of a women's 250m sprint race (hosted by the Pink Crusaders breast cancer survivor team), followed by a Flower Ceremony.
- An improved event headquarters with printed signs, race schedule, and results.
- The event will help raise awareness and funds for the Pink Crusaders breast cancer survivor team (some of whom will race in Italy in 2018).
- Anniversary souvenir event T-shirts will be sold to promote event and raise money for the charity.
- A Registered Massage Therapist (RMT) Keisha Davis-Mackay will be onsite providing 10 minutes massages, taking donations towards charity.
- A separate sound system will be used for the dragon boat teams (for better communications to dragon boat teams camped along the shoreline).
- There will be tickets sold for a draw for prizes, including four of the Canada 150 silver coin depicted above, as well as other items TBD!